Why I Don'T Promote a Plant-Based Diet
On a site about natural remedies, which talks about food and diet as part of being healthy, why would I want to point out the dangers of vegetarianism? Because I know that sooner or later someone is going to take offense at the fact that on this website when talking about diet, I only promote eating meat-based diets such as keto and carnivore.
Shamed Into Becoming a Vegan
Are the So-Called Vegan Benefits Real?What I’m about to share is going to go in direct opposition to both of those supposed “benefits”. Personally, I think that if vegetarianism was so good, there wouldn’t be a whole industry that has built up around making plants taste like animal flesh. If you don’t want to eat turkey at Thanksgiving, why are you cooking up tofurkey? Hamburger bad, but bean burgers are great? Just eat beans and stop trying to call it a burger.
Spiritual Dangers of Vegetarianism
Physical Dangers of Vegetarianism
Five Physical Dangers of Vegetarianism
- Leaky Gut – Since vegan and vegetarian diets use a lot of legumes (black bean burgers, anyone?) for protein, they run the risk of developing leaky gut. This is because legumes are high in antinutrients like lectins and phytates, a known cause of gut permeability.
- Soy Boy Boobs and Hypothyroidism – Processed soy products so often found in plant-based diets contain phytoestrogens, known hormone interrupters. In men, soy lowers testosterone and raises estrogen, often resulting in unsightly man boobs. Studies have also shown that too much soy can lead to problems with the thyroid, such as hypothyroidism.
- Anemia – Plants may have a type of iron, but it is non-heme iron and basically useless to the body. Anemia can lead to fatigue, issues with adrenal fatigue, insomnia, and other problems. The best source of heme-iron (heme as in hemoglobin/blood) is actual meat, with grass-fed beef being the best.
- Depression – Since Omega-3 fatty acids are what help keep humans on an even keel, the lack of this basic nutrient from fish or fish oils can lead to severe depression
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency – Good vitamin B12 is only available in meat, and while you can find all kinds of B12 supplements, most are not easily absorbed. Plus, certain health conditions can make it impossible to absorb B12. A B12 deficiency can lead to cognitive decline, fatigue, anemia, numbness in the extremities, weakness, and memory loss.
Personal Experience with Eating a Plant-Based Diet
Essential Natural Remedies does NOT sell natural remedies, herbal remedies, essential oils or supplements. We do offer links to products which we have found to be quality and affordable. Also, all of the content on this site is offered for educational and informative purposes. Nothing should be taken as medical advise, diagnosis, or as prescribing for treatment.
EssentialNaturalRemedies © Copyright 2010-2021