What You Need to Know About How Essential Oils are Promoted
In addressing the issue of Christians and essential oils, I’m not saying that using essential oils is ungodly, or in any way takes away from the miraculous healing power of the Blood of Jesus Christ. Nor does using essential oils in any way indicate a lack of faith on the part of the person who is praying and believing the Lord for complete healing.
Most Christians today have no trouble going to a doctor or taking prescription medication for their diseases, and will surely have surgery if that is the only way to address an issue. At the same time, these folks will, rightly, ask to be anointed and prayed over by the elders of the church. So using essential oils in the manner for which God created them is not the issue.
Christians and Essential Oils: Easy Deception
Here’s a quote from LibertyToTheCaptives.Net in their article “Young Living Essential Oils: Warning:
“Scriptures warns Christians to not be ignorant of Satan's devices. One of his devices is to lure Christians into yoking with companies who promote occult supernatural healing methodologies and in other ways mark themselves for the occult.”
The article in addressing the business side of Young Living and being an independent distributor of their products:
“How do you make sure you don't cross the line into yoking with what Scripture reveals God opposes? By not promoting or yoking with companies who plainly advocate Satan's devices. Young Living does exactly that by choosing witchcraft terms to describe their products and by pushing occult methodologies such as energy healing, which is demonic healing."
Christians and Essential Oils: Goes Beyond Young Living
Essential oils and aromatherapy have been permeated by the occult almost from the beginning, and as Christians we have to be very aware of the tactics of the enemy and just how easy it is to fall into his trap.
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Mat 10:16
The whole aromatherapy industry is fertile ground for occultic wolves to sneak into the church and deceive God’s people. So if you don’t want to be deceived or open up some spiritual doorways, then you need to be careful about which essential oil companies you support.
If you wouldn’t open a store to sell essential oils alongside of pentagrams, spells and potions, and books on the New Age, Wiccan, and Paganism, as well as other occultic articles, then why would you go into business with a company that supports such practices?
If you wouldn’t go into such a shop to buy your essential oils, then why would you buy from a company that promotes their essential oils using terminology and for purposes that are occultic?
Terminology Which Indicates an Occult Purpose
- Enabling gratitude or thanks
- Magnetic energy
- Regenerating the mind
- Spiritual practice
- Meditative effect
- Spiritual awakening
- Life force
- Living energy
- Intent energy
Christians and Essential Oils: Where the Wolves Dwell
Unfortunately, Young Living Essential Oils is not the only company that uses such terminology. Here are a few others and phrasing directly from their websites:
- Healing Body, Mind, and Spirit with Pure Essential Oils
- Rites, Rituals, Meditation, and Spiritual Awareness
- A sacred, sanctifying blend, for use in rituals of various types
- We celebrate the power of the sun, the source of all life
- A spirit-brightening blend designed to overcome the midwinter doldrums, to bring light to darkness
- Much more…
- Allows the ego-self and Transpersonal self to work in unison to achieve freedom from attachments. Cleans aura and psychic planes, powerful for ritual use
- Purges the Spirit of worry and self absorption that is rooted in fear of failure. Assists in overcoming life’s obstacles by replacing our stasis and isolation with movement and openness
- Massage on solar plexus relieves anger and balances mood swings, stabilizes physical, etheric and astral planes, balances higher and lower chakras
- And more…
- A samara is a winged seed; botane is an ancient word of French derivation pertaining to plants. This Gaia metaphor reflects our symbiotic connection and cyclical relationship with nature intelligence.
- Spiritual blends of pure essential oils were created to help you connect with your spirit
- Leaving the world is part of the natural circle, but that doesn't make it any less traumatic for both the individual or their family. This blend can help a loved one to depart surrounded by a delicate and pleasant scent.
- The journey within to connect with our Higher Being must begin with a single step.
- The third eye
chakra, the sixth chakra is associated with sight and seeing, both
intuitively and physically. It is related to the energies of clear
vision, intuition, light and spirit. It is through this chakra that we
may tune in to the higher self in order to seek and receive inner
- The throat chakra, the fifth chakra is associated
with sound and has to do with creative self-expression, speech and
communication. The ability to speak honestly; to receive, process and
assimilate information; and to connect with and speak our inner truth
all relate to the fifth chakra, the center of transformation and change.
- Several essential oil blends with “Chakra” purposes
Other Essential Oil Sites Using Occult Terminology
Christians and Essential Oils: Taking a Stand
Why am I saying all these negative things about Christians and essential oils, the spiritual dangers of aromatherapy and how some companies market their oils? If you have to ask, then my answer won't matter. Suffice it to say that if I saw my brother or sister heading towards quicksand and failed to warn them, wouldn't I be guilty if they got caught and pulled into something that could harm them?
That's what the Word says about those called to be watchmen (watchwomen), that if they fail to sound the alarm the blood of those they should have warned will be on their heads. So I'm sounding the alarm.
Of course, when one takes a stand like this, one must follow through. In my case, this means that I’ve had to remove all Aura Cacia products from my site. Since I’ve found NOW and Piping Rock to offer both quality essential oils without the need to actively promote them for synergistic uses, I feel perfectly comfortable in keeping and using them.
Christians and Essential Oils: Other Sources of Information on this Topic
Of course, the bottom line when it comes to Christians and essential oils is that you and you alone will answer to God for what you do in your life. If you prayerfully seek Him and are confident that He has agreed that it’s okay for you to use Young Living or other oils that are promoted for ungodly purposes (as “offerings to the gods”), then by all means use them.
However, if at any point you’ve ever had a check in your spirit when reading what an oil is supposed to do and yet you just pushed that still small voice aside, you might want to reconsider.
- Angelica Root
- Anise Star
- Basil Holy
- Bay Laurel
- Black Pepper
- Carrot Seed
- Cinnamon Bark
- Clary Sage
- Fir Needle
- German Chamomile
- Ginger Root
- Juniper Berry
- Lemon Eucalyptus
- Orange Sweet
- Pine Needle
- Roman Chamomile
- Rose Geranium
- Tea Tree
- Thyme Red
- Valerian Root
- Ylang Ylang